Important Notice – Fraud & Scam Alert
It has come to the notice of Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Petroleum Operations Ltd. (ADCO) that the name and identity of ADCO, its employees and its parent company Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) is being used fraudulently in business propositions and recruitment offers. These business propositions and recruitment offers are pretending to be made on behalf of ADCO or its parent company ADNOC.
The Fraudster poses as representative of ADCO or its parent company ADNOC and seeks opportunities of business transactions related to contracts, investments etc.
The Fraudster sends initial enquiry followed by an online interview questionnaire and an offer of employment without any face to face interview. These communications are pretending to be sent on behalf of ADCO or its parent company ADNOC. These offers notify individuals that their qualifications are found suitable to work and solicit the transfer of significant sums of money to pay for visa, work permits, etc.
Please note that ADCO never selects candidates based upon an online interview and never asks any money or fee, either directly or indirectly, from any applicant at any point of time during the recruitment process.
If the offer of an “opportunity” appears too good to be true, it probably is. Follow common business practice.
What to do…
- Know who you are dealing with.
- Do not respond to unsolicited business propositions or recruitment offers you do not know or trust.
- Do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know or trust or on a website you do not trust.
- Should you have disclosed this information to somebody you do not know or trust or to a website you do not trust consider reporting the incident to your local law enforcement.
- Be alert for certain suspicious signs – e.g. poor use of language, communications from non-ADCO e-mail addresses (e.g. from a yahoo.com, gmail.com, hotmail. com address), requests for advance money, contact through social websites such as linkedin etc.
- Be alert for a domain used in communications. Communications sent from an ADCO email account ends with adco.ae
- Be wary of businesses that operate out of post office boxes and do not have any address.
- Be suspicious when dealing with persons who do not have a direct telephone line and who are never in when you call, but always return your call later.
- Independently verify the legitimacy of any franchise, investment or recruitment offer before you take any decision.
- In case of any concern or query, you may contact us through ethics helpline or email@example.com
ADCO does not accept any responsibility and/ or liability for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive damages due to business propositions/ offers pretending to be made on behalf of ADCO.